In support of the SSL Upgrade Capability Enhancement Programme (CEP) re-signalling Phase 1A (track circuit immunisation) works, the LVAC Power Upgrade Project was required to provide interim power supplies to facilitate the new signalling kiosks being installed to feed the replacement track circuits.
Works included for the following at some or all of the various locations:
- Excavation for and construction of concrete base slabs
- Excavation for and construction of draw-pit arrangements
- Excavation for and construction of duct and trough routes around base slabs and draw-pits
- Installation of pile foundations and retaining wall structure at Harrow-on-the-Hill Phase 1A location
- Installation of new post routes and/or tray/trunking routes to link to trackside cable routes and also within switch-rooms and sub-stations
- Delivery and installation of new Power & Feeder Pillars, either made by Giffen Group or fee issued
- Delivery and installation of UPS systems including associated enclosures. Delivery of some units required the use of hi-ab lorries in the main but Road Rail Vehicles (RRV’s) in some instances
- Installation, termination and testing of cable supplies between the various items of equipment described above
- Installation of diverse power cable supplies, one supply cable fed from the nearest sub-station with the other supply fed from the adjoining station switch-room. The length of cable runs involved for these varied from around 150m up to 3000m.
- Testing & commissioning of system in liaison with the client and the signalling contractor to provide confirmation that the system would operate correctly
- Installation of security fencing around equipment at high risk locations, such as Harrow-on-the-Hill and Watford South Junction